Bathroom Toilets Buyers' Guide
Some bathroom designers may overlook the toilet seeing it more as a functional part of premium bathrooms than a reflection of its style. However, German bathroom specialist Ekco is keen to emphasise the importance of the toilet itself, which is why it has put together its bathroom toilets buyers’ guide.
How to choose the right bathroom toilets
There are actually many different types of bathroom toilet available and you should ensure it matches the overall bathroom design – whether that is traditional or contemporary. Among the options available are:
- Close coupled toilets: Also known as two-piece toilets, they come in two parts: the pan; and the cistern, which sits directly on the back of the pan with the two parts bolted together. Depending on the design, the cistern may be tall or narrow.
- Back to wall pans: If you want a modest look, a back to wall pan toilet could be the solution as the cistern is typically concealed by a vanity unit and the flush is operated by a lever or a push of a button.
- Wall hung toilets: A favourite among modern bathroom designers, wall hung toilets work in the same way as back to wall pans but are also raised off the floor meaning you can clean your bathroom floor without obstruction.
- Low and high level toilets: Reflective of traditional designs, the toilet comes in two parts: the pan and the stand alone cistern, which is located above the pan on the wall.
What else should you consider when choosing bathroom toilets?
Other considerations with bathroom toilets include:
- Flush: You can choose between: lever pushes, which have traditional appeal but can be high maintenance; push flushes, with a simple design and efficiency; and dual push flushes, which are designed to help conserve water.
- Toilet seats: Typically the wooden toilet seat is well-suited to traditional bathrooms, with pine having a rustic, country look. However, there are other options including the innovative family seat with a practical two in one design; and there are a host of size and hinge choices available.
Which companies offer bathroom toilets?
Among the bathroom designers offering high quality bathroom toilets are:
- Carron bathroom toilets: Carron bathroom toilets are designed in Scotland and can make the toilet a focal point of the bathroom design.
- Kaldewei bathroom toilets: Pick up Kaldewei bathroom toilets if you have an interest in the environment as they often boast ecological features
- Laufen bathroom toilets: With Laufen bathroom toilets you can benefit from both style and function with a host of colourful collections.
- Matki bathroom toilets: Designed to embrace modern life, Matki bathroom toilets are both aesthetically pleasing and packed with modern technology.
If you’re interested in Laufen bathroom toilets, Kaldewei bathroom toilets, Matki bathroom toilets or Carron bathroom toilets for quality bathrooms, check out the listings at German bathroom specialist Ekco now as it can fit premium bathrooms in Edinburgh, Glasgow and across Scotland.